Sunday, September 14, 2008

the real difference between us and animals

We make lists.

I love to make lists. I have a list of lists I intend to make someday. I have 3 or 4 different types of to-do lists. Lists make me feel like I have things under control. Lists can classify, they can bring order, they can help you focus on your true objective in any undertaking. Lists are great.

I don't like popularity contest type of lists like "top fives" or "all-time best..." They are too subjective.

I also don't like the term "bucket list". Lame to begin with, made worse by the movie.

I don't usually do themes but I think this week I will end each post with a list. If I remember.

For today:
Some Famous Men I Have Encountered And It Had No Discernible Impact On My Life Or Theirs
  1. Richard Nixon
  2. Bill Cosby
  3. Larry Hankin(maybe I'll save him for the sort of famous list)
  4. Kevin Bacon
  5. Mike Meyers
  6. Some people at a Soap Opera softball game(again, may be better on the sort of famous list)
  7. Stanley Tucci
  8. Arthur Ashe
  9. Robert Urich
  10. Mark Messier

2 comments:

Jen in FL said...

nice list! WTF is Nixon doing on it?

egghead said...

my grandparents took me to some rally when i was a tot and I was the baby in a baby kissing photo op

there was a picture of it but it got really icky in my grandfather's basement

I guess it's probably on microfiche(I love that word-microfiche!) somewhere