Sunday, September 7, 2008

Director of Playday

I've volunteered for this position. A promotion from Asst. or was it Backup Playday Director. there isn't a lot to it. Some paperwork and bringing a snack. Getting there on time. Playing.

The staffing committee is going to meet tomorrow to discuss it. I brought it up at dinner tonight, thinking the kids would be ok with it-I come to playday with Cady and Finn almost every week as it is. The kids said "So you're going to be a staff?" and they did not look happy about it. They asked if I could write people up and I said I didn't think so. I started to get nervous. Not so much about me being in charge of playday but what if they didn't like playday at all. So Amelia asked if there was anyone else who could do it. I said I didn't think so. I told them if they really didn't want me there they could go to the staffing committee and say so. I was very very tempted to tack on a lot of passive-aggressive manipulative comments to keep them from doing that but I didn't. I said to myself this is their school and their deal, let them have it. I did remind them how important playday is to Cady and asked that they not do anything to end it for her.

Of course Amelia forgot to say anything the next day. I wasn't going to remind her. I haven't heard anything. Maybe there is someone else who wants to do it. I don't care, as long as they have it. Cady loves going to sudbury.

1 comment:

Jen in FL said...

Guess who's on the PlayDay committee at HER Sudbury school.