Saturday, June 21, 2008

What's in a meme?

So my friend suggested that I need a meme to get myself blogging again. I don't know what a meme is but I won't let that stop me!

Here's a funny story from last week:
I arrived at school to pick the kids up. They were jumping rope with a staff member and some teenagers and some of their own friends(awesome thing about sudbury-only school in the world where teenage boys can jump rope with impunity and I don't mean like solitary I'm a boxer in training jump rope I mean teddy bear teddy bear turn around jump rope). It looked so fun that I asked if I could have a turn. It has probably been at least 25 years since i jumped rope but I did ok. There were only two problems- I had on an old stretched out bra and I'm chesty so the girls were bouncing around like crazy and I put my arm across my chest to keep them in check. However, I had also forgotten to put on a belt so my pants started to fall off. So I'd try to pull my pants up and my breasts would bounce like crazy but if I kept them under control I was afraid of exposing myself. So I exited gracefully to a round of applause.

Jumping rope was exhilarating. I tried to work it into conversation for a day or two. It's very hard to casually mention that you had been jumping rope recently-when you're 37 years old!

1 comment:

Jen in FL said...

You are so hopeless--you can always google "meme" and figure it out. Also, I do lots of memes on my blog so I figured you would know what a meme was by now. Here's a link:

http://knittinginterrupted.com/category/meme/

Finally, that IS a funny story about jumping rope. It makes me wish I were there to see it. Hah!