Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Nail biting time!

So now the real drama begins. All of the candidates who survived the first vote have submitted the maximum number of hours, the preferred number of hours and the minimum number of hours that they will work next year. These were published at the bottom of blank slate forms. Any school meeting member can fill out a slate and come up with their own combo of staff as long as the hours conform to the staff members' preferences and the total number of hours allotted equals 180.

I looked at the form and just totaling up the minimum hours equals 182 so there is no way to include every candidate.

Anyway, the slates have to be handed in by friday and then next week there will be two days of voting on the slates. I guess they just keep voting and negotiating until they come up with something that everyone agrees upon.

I'm not sure if candidates can revise their hour requests once they start voting on slates. I also wonder if there is any deal making among the staff. I mean, I wonder if people will cut their hours to keep someone on staff. It's very interesting. Very interesting indeed.

I was going to ask the kids if they wanted me to help them write a slate but I didn't think it would be honest because I would have had too much influence.

1 comment:

Jen in FL said...

interesting timing...

;-)