Sunday, June 29, 2008

Facebook. Oy!

Oh facebook, my best friend and my worst enemy.

I keep getting friended by people and I have no idea who they are. But I have decided to be truly democratic or at least open minded and accept all who friend me. I find myself getting really weird about who I send a little note to or write on their "wall". I also wanted to unfriend some people at first but I'm afraid they would get a notification and I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, I just don't want them in my business, especially if they are basically strangers who went to the same high school as I did.

I have decided to send each and every person who has a friended me at least one little note, if I get a response fine, if I don't, that's ok, probably better.

I've also decided that I will make a point to have a conversation with every single person who attends the reunion(20 th, high school) whether I like them or not, can remember them or not or even if I am still harboring a grudge for some weird slight or not! :)

We're all human beings and I shall honor them all as such. And the point of the notes on facebook thing is that looking at what someone typed on a computer is not really staying in touch. It's kind of voyeuristic (and fun) but, just like I can't send out pre-printed christmas greetings, I can't just look at someone's profile and leave it at that.

OK I have perseverated enough on this topic.

No comments: