Monday, October 6, 2008

I'm not gonna lie

It's been a tough week here at Casa de Yaya.

But we made it through and now we're on to bigger and better things. The playground co op is selling Apple Crisps tomorrow. Amelia is very excited to bring our apple slicer to school tomorrow.
It's nice to have a sense of purpose. Des is really struggling with this right now. He has been since the second week of school. I don't know how to help him. In a meaningful way. I guess it's all in the listening. I try to let him talk about what's going on hoping that he will come to his own conclusion but quite often he just goes around in circles. He basically has two problems 1) figuring out what he would like to do and 2) separating from his friends when he wants to do something that they aren't interested in.

He also said he would like to go to school meeting more often but he doesn't always understand what they are talking about. I suggested that he have someone that he already feels comfortable with explain it to him. I got his usual response "But that's so embarrassing!" The Sudbury Road is a long and windy one.

No comments: