Monday, July 14, 2008

Odds and ends

Amelia burst into tears as I was making dinner saying she didn't want to be a girl because a boy at camp was making fun of the girl's bathroom. Des confirmed that this boy is quite mean and went so far as to characterize him as "Captain of the Meanies". That made Amelia laugh and all was well.

Amelia was talking about Cady's prowess at Duck,Duck,Goose "Yo, Cady can run fast. The 5 year old in her circle couldn't catch her." It is very odd to hear your child say "Yo."

We saw Wall-E tonight. I asked the kids what they thought the movie was about "Well, the people couldn't live on earth anymore because WALL-E made too much garbage. And they were fat." When I asked Cady what her favorite part was she said "I'm keeping that a secret." When I asked her if she understood the movie she said "No but I like candy."

No comments: