Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Veering

So I know my past few posts contradict each other. I will once again think and type simultaneously and see if I can come up with an answer.

I don't want my kids sitting at a desk all day. I don't want their day micromanaged. That's not what I'm looking for. On the other hand I worry that the freedom they enjoy is fostering indolence. Or that the culture of the school becomes, ha we aren't going to do shit because you can't make us.

Sometimes I worry, because my kids are so young, that the "if they want it bad enough, they'll make it happen" rule is asking too much. When there is something go on, some project they can get in on, they come home so happy and excited to talk about it.

So what is it that I want from and/or for my children? I'm going to think about that for a bit.

No comments: