Tuesday, May 6, 2008

So much excitement!

Elections are coming up. Yet another great aspect of Sudbury-the kids choose their staff. I've been asking the kids who they are going to vote for and why. They get bored with the conversation midway so I have to keep asking them. Their impressions of the staff are not too far from my own.

The annual assembly meeting is also coming up. The assembly is the body of the school that includes parents and votes on all financial decisions. The budget, staff salary, tuition and any requests for funds will be discussed.

One student will have a thesis defense on thursday. The only requirement for graduation from sudbury is the thesis with the topic of, and I can't remember the exact words here,"I'm an adult and ready to be a full member of society". I'm hoping to attend but childcare will probably be an issue. It always is.

No comments: