Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Wow

I've started and discarded many posts this past week because I was so consumed by the election. It still seems a bit unreal that Obama won. I think I just got used to evil triumphing all the time with the Bush administration.

I have so many feelings right now. I'm happy that the democrats won although I can't stand that Nancy Pelosi and am sure she's going to fuck things up for Obama. I'm happy for black people. I hope they feel more welcome in their own country now.

I want to be a citizen of the world. I don't need America to be number one all the time. I like the idea of us working with other countries instead of trying to shove our ideas down their throat. Plus, they might have some good ideas too.

I don't see how he's going to get out of Iraq in 16 months. Not without a civil war taking place. but please please close guantanamo and for heaven's sake let's make it clear-NO TORTURE!!!!! that includes waterboarding. Assholes.

Good luck with healthcare. I can't wait to see what kind of frankenstien monster you guys come up with. Please force the pharmaceutical companies to negotiate. My medicine is really really expensive. Even with generics.

Can we finally agree that our way of life is going to make life more and more difficult? I don't worry about saving the planet. The planet will swat us off like a horse swats a fly with the flick of its tail. save the humans!

Appoint the youngest, most left leaning judges you can find.

Encourage a "One Nation, One Book" month-my first pick: DIA, duh!

The guy is inheriting one big mess on top of another. I wish him a nice soft landing when the honeymoon is over and the media comes back down to earth.

1 comment:

Jen in FL said...

Wow is right. And very well said--I wish him a soft landing.