Friday, November 14, 2008

Nothing is ever easy.

Including today's post. am I running out of interesting stuff to say about my marvelous children?

No, we're just having a tough time with Des and we've found that right now he seems to be craving more one on one time and that is hard to do. Ray works full time plus and I've got the kids and Cady and Finn need a lot of minding. that's just how it is.

He is so happy though when it is just him and me. He asks question after question and is more relaxed and we can really talk about things and get to the level of detail that satisfies him. Especially if we're home and have more resources at our disposal. I don't know why, but my kids invariably ask me for a math lesson in the car and I can't explain that stuff without a pen and paper.
He will also get up early when Ray gets up with finn and hang out and talk to him. I know he's searching for something. The talk about activities, the way he talks about community service(loves it because he likes what he gets to do with it), the complaints of being bored at sudbury all let me know that he is struggling and I don't know how far to go in making suggestions without possibly compromising The Philosophy. I also wonder if he has time or inclination to explore these conversations at school too.
There is also the little educational devil whispering in my ear that hints at signing him up for some after school stuff. Which I don't think is a necessarily bad idea if I'm doing it for the right reasons(he'sinterested) rather than the wrong one(solving his problem for him.)

No comments: