Monday, January 5, 2009

I'm off to Texas!

Yes, we are off to San Antonio to visit Ray's Dad and Step Mother. I expect at least one or two lively debates between me and my brother in law when I try to explain the merits of a Sudbury style education. They switched their oldest, he's two months younger than Des and Amelia, to a catholic school this year because "he needed more control and discipline". Yep, I'm sure that's what he needed.

I also expect at least one or two shouting matches between me and my father in law because he can be something of a blockhead. Also, we are both just loud talkers so our spirited conversations are sometimes mistaken for arguments. But we'll make up so we can gang up on Ray for being a republican.

I hope I don't come home with any bald spots after a 7 hour trip with one plane change, four kids and no hubby. (Ray is flying home a week earlier.)

1 comment:

Jen in FL said...

Have a grand time! :-)