Sunday, December 14, 2008

Facebook gripe again

A few students from Sudbury have friended me on facebook. They have recommended other friends to me but I choose to wait for students to friend me because I don't want to be weird mom trying to be in their little crew.

The problem is that now I have to monitor myself more closely because its like having kids around all the time. I've used profanity once or twice and today is my birthday and I posted a silly thing about having a drink to celebrate and now feel like it may not be appropriate since there are students from the school on my friends list. It's kind of annoying.

I also want to create a separate account to have my real friends on that list and then have an account for people that I want no more than sporadic contact with at best. Unfriending seems so dramatic.

Sorry I haven't been blogging much. I know the world is just a little bit paler, a little bit grayer without regular infusions of my wit and wisdom.

No comments: