Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Pluots Rock!

A pluot is a cross between a plum and an apricot and is quite scrumptious because the apricot part of it takes away the plum's natural mushiness without sacrificing sweetness. Its like eating an unripened plum but instead of being disappointed, you are pleasantly surprised.

The name is idiotic though. English is a language that prefers its o's before the u's, thank you very much. I believe I'll write someone a letter about that.

A quick search informed me that the man to write to is Floyd Zaiger of Zaiger's Genetics. Not only did he coin the name he actually trademarked it and I think he may have a patent on all the different types of fruits that he develops(this patenting of life forms gives me the creeps but that's an article for a different post...hmm is that a mixed blogging metaphor?). I can't seem to find his email so I'm going to have to actually, gulp, write the letter before I can post it.

No comments: