Wednesday, August 8, 2007

One last word on retail and then I'm moving on

After a few more exchanges with Target and Land's End where they gave me variations of the "It's not us, it's them" argument(meaning that they only send out their catalogs so early, bring merchandise out 4 months in advance etc. because schools, teachers and parents requested that they do so) and I got pretty discouraged. I'm giving up for now but will probably start again when they crank up the christmas machine.

I would just implore you, dear reader,only reader,in other words my friend Jen, to vote with your pocketbooks and shop by your own calendar and not rush to the stores like one of pavlov's dogs just because they decide that the season has changed. I know I'm ranting and maybe using iffy grammar but dammit, this whole back to school thing really burned my ass.

No comments: