Sunday, July 22, 2007

Conundrum

So, I noticed last week that a number of stores and catalogs have been sending out "back to school" fliers and inviting me to celebrate the end of summer with them...in the middle of July!! Kids just finished school three weeks ago. Retailers are pushing the calendar so far back that I'm surprised they aren't trying to get us to do our Christmas shopping a year in advance.

The worst offender and the leader of the pack is CVS. ON Jan. 2nd they are ready for Valentine's day, on FEb. 15th they bring out the shamrocks, I think they are waging a secret campaign to eradicate thanksgiving because they can't figure out a way to make money off of it.

I complain about this annually,usually in october, but the back to school crap in the middle of July really stuck in my craw so this year I decided to go a little bit further and start complaining to the companies themselves. I don't think I'm making any headway but I'll save that for another post.

Here is my quandry-I needed a top and I scored some amazing buys at an end of season sale. Is it wrong for me to take advantage of the very thing that I have been railing against for the past week? Am I just encouraging them?

1 comment:

Alexandra Williams said...

I can't agree more!

I am glad that you have taken on complaining to the companies, because I don't have the energy.

The part that irks me the most is that when I finally get around to buying school supplies they will have been out there, getting picked over, for at least six weeks. And I can never find the LARGE glue sticks.